Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Here's to falling out of myself...

I've been reading C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters and I have to say that the book is absolutely amazing. It has really made me think about what the meaning of Christianity really is. he makes a point in there that I find incredibly interesting. he says that to become closer to Christ, we must first let go of ourselves, but in becoming closer to Christ, we become more like ourselves than ever. this coupled with the fact that my friends just got back from the dregs of LA and have amazing stories about serving, I think that it is time to take up what I have known is the right path all along. I think it is time that I get down to the business of not only becoming closer to my God, but serving his people, and drawing my relationship with my girlfriend more in line with him. I love her so much, it is incredible, and I want nothing more than for us to have a Godly relationship so that we may raise each other up in his name. It is time to get back to my roots. And anyone reading this can think that this is a load of bogus, and that "God can't possibly be real" or at least "God doesn't care", but here is the cinch. If that is the case, why are you still reading? God is truly there, and he truly cares. there are feelings that are much more powerful than anything you can possibly see with your eyes, if you but open yourselves to their existence. seeing is believing, but not seeing and still believing is true faith. and faith in a God so great that he can create the universe is ground shaking. let go of yourself, and let him take over. I can guarantee that you will like the results. I have. I'll be praying for you world. I hold no prejudices, and no judgement, only hope and belief in a better, God-fearing world. Won't you join me in my dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment